If I Were a Kitchen Item... I'd Be a Roaster Pan

Mom,

Remember that pillow I got in college that had embroidered upon it the phrase:

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall
I am my Mother After All

Well, I've known for a while that I was progressing in that direction (proudly), but today I hit an all-time low. I began finding similarities between me and my roaster pan. The minute this coherent thought skitted across my brain, I realized (in horror) I was playing your favorite game. The game we tease you so badly for loving...

"If you were a fruit, what would you be and why?"

Or, "If you had to be a building, which would you be and why?"

Or, "What animal do you most identify with and why?"

Sad day; but oh well, at least I know what kitchen object I relate with (and why).


Dear Roaster Pan,

Today I shared two major similarities with you; I roasted and I was speckled.

(mid ceiling painting)


That's all,
Cali

ps. On Sunday morning I heard the news say that Seattle was getting ready to have a heat wave. They warned us all to be VERY CAREFUL, because temperatures were going to be in the high 80's to low 90's. I laughed out loud. Seattle calls that a heat wave? Well, today I ate a large slice of humble pie. I am officially a Seattle Pansy. Ninety degrees sure felt like 110... thus the roasting.

pps. I took a picture of my eye ball because even it was speckled. Well, my contact was at least. But, looking at a picture of a giant eye ball freaked me out, so I thought it would only be worse for you.

Comments

Julie said…
I love your speckled feet! Mine are frequently like that as well as many of my clothes after I paint. It's ok to be a pansy. I'm a Norway pansy now, anything over 70 and I'm hot.
Oh how funny! Yes, yes, the roaster fits you perfectly because besides being bespeckled and roasting, you make things turn out to perfection, have a huge capacity for getting things done, are useful as well as ornamental and are one of my favorite things in the whole world.

If I were a kitchen utensil I would be a beater because I like things to be smooth.

Well done, Cali. Well done :)
Oh ho, I forgot. That makes me laugh that it was more miserable than you thought after hearing you laugh at the warnings.

I'll bet your neighbor, Dorothy, kept her blinds down all day.
Unknown said…
Cali-you said it first, so I will second the notion. You ARE a Seattle pansy. I had to jump in the river in Tri-Cities on Saturday so I would not expire of sure heat exhaustion. I would have killed for 90*! Your speckled feet are cute . . .
Anonymous said…
Well Cali....Maybe you should come visit the Tri-Cities so that your body can remember what real heat is....it has been FOREVER! I really would have liked to have seen the speckled eye picture...now you just got my curiosity going!
Unknown said…
oh. i actually really love that game.
Cali! Okay, so you moved (okay, so did I), but I just found your blog through Katy Cabbage's. You're hillairous! You should write more. I'd love to keep up with you!

Courtney Goodey
abe said…
oddly enough, the only gift we received two of for our wedding was a roaster pan.