Happiness is...


... an encore!

Just kidding. I didn't get an encore. I just found this "Happiness is..." post I'd written back in May on my desktop.

I'm cleaning off my desktop.

Without further ado:


Happiness is… having a permanent travel partner.

When I used to fly to Hawaii each fall for school, I would start getting sad a few days before I even left. The ride over to the Seattle airport was where all the sad feelings compounded. Right about the time we hit I-90, I’d start seriously contemplating transferring to Big Bend Community College for my degree; anything to get rid of this horribly lonely feeling in my stomach. During those years, airports came to be synonymous with misery.

The day I married Ray was the day that horrible feeling left. I now had not only a permanent travel partner, but a permanent best friend too. Slowly, but surely, airports and travel are returning to a state of anticipation.

It also helps that he flies enough for work that he’s developed travel “status” (whatever that means, psshhhh). With his MVP Gold status, we get to go through the “special” (short) security line. Sometimes we get bumped up to 1st Class. We get to check 2 bags for free. Assurance I “married up.”

Comments

I'm so glad airports are happy places for you again, but even more glad you have a forever best friend. He's a great one.

I love you.

Happiness is having you as our daughter.
Ande said…
Although I am slightly tempted to leave a sentimental comment like Mom, I think instead I'll comment on your bed in the picture that WAS made and then looks a bit...ummm...touseled? Best friend indeed.
Cassidy said…
Sweet!! It's all about connections! haha. I've gotta agree. It's awesome that we get to marry our best friends, and that we know we get to be with them always.
Unknown said…
The best part about this is the unspoken assurance that Ray also "married up". You guys are a fantastic pair.
Samantha said…
Wait until you have kids and maybe you'll start dreading the airport again. haha just kidding. No debbie downer here. As a single person, that's kind of one of the things I'd look forward too. I loved the idea of a permanent roommate. The idea of being able to stay up late every night and watch movies and eat milkshakes with a boy you like! It would be like a fun sleepover every night! (and no dirty minders, I didn't think of it like THAT.)