Awesome!

You know how sometimes you think you look really awesome?  You feel it, therefore you must look it.

In January I decided to try putting my hair in braids.  I looked in the mirror and thought, "Hey, these look amazing."  And, I believed it all day long.  It wasn't until I got home that night and used the mirror to look at the back of my head, then I realized.

I realized I hadn't looked awesome at all.  I'd looked like a dork wearing braids.  I also looked like I had a super flat head in the back... like my mom had strapped me too tight to the cradle board as a baby or had forgotten to give me "tummy time."



Awesome!

Comments

Oh believe me. I definitely gave you tummy-time.

And . . . I'll be you looked good in braids the better part of the day. Maybe it was just a bit squished by night-time?
Ty said…
I can't really relate to the hair, but I can relate to doing stupid things that I thought were really cool--no AWESOME--only to realize later, I was an idiot. Thanks for bringing back all those bad memories for me.
Rachel said…
Oh Cali,
Believe me. I have done this before on several occasions, but you're the only one man enough to out it. I still try to pretend it's never happened. You've probably been with me on a few and been too polite to comment. :) You make me laugh.