No Fear! (do you remember those shirts... I never had one)

Sometimes fears are silly. Sometimes they're not.

I used to be afraid of getting lost. I worried I'd lose my parents, and they'd lose me. I'm not really afraid of that anymore.

I used to be afraid of swimming pool drains... the big drain at the bottom of pools that's covered by a grate. I worried there was a water snake or an alligator or a hairball down there and they would get me or touch me while I was swimming. I'm not worried about the water snake or alligator anymore.

I used to be afraid of the movies Pinocchio, Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz. When I was eight, I tried to watch Pinocchio again, sure that I was old enough to handle it. I only made it ten minutes in and had to turn it off... WAY too scary. I'm not afraid of them anymore either.

BUT...

I am still afraid of touching dirty dish water, showering in tubs that don't drain very well, and putting my hands down sink drains to fish something out of the garbage disposal.

Luckily, all I have to do is leave a note and "someone" takes care of it.

Comments

Anonymous said…
hahaha!! I am not afraid to fish anything out of the garbage disposal but I am afraid of dirty dish water and water that drains too slowly in the shower. I am a water waster when it comes to doing dishes. I do not plug the sink and wash all my dishes in the water, i just let it keep running and running until my dishes are washed. it seriously is so gross to plug your sink. or at least I think so!! So I will keep wasting water!

Tiffany Fackrell
Anonymous said…
I think this fear of yours is the funniest. You don't squirm at body fluids and semi-fluids, you don't squirm at bugs. You squirm at so little, but if the dishwater is left in over night you won't touch it without a glove. You crack me up. I'm glad you've learned the power of a note to go along with the power of a glove.

Neighbor Jane Payne
Unknown said…
I love this! My favorite "No Fear" t-shirts - 'He who dies with the most toys . . . . still dies. -No Fear'; and 'Bottom of the 9th, two outs, full count. -No Fear'. I fear hair in the drain, hair in food, and my hair falling out - I think I might have a bit of a disorder ;)
abe said…
i hate tubs that don't drain well. i don't mind dirt and i don't mind water...but mix the two and i hate it.
Haley Krumblis said…
Cali,
Oh I remember our fear of hairballs.....I remember going to Lagoon and not wanting to go to the waterpark because of hairballs......then I went to Wellesley.....yuck.....hairballs.......HA! Love you!
Haley