Hard Day

Levin pooped his pants today... which is very different from pooping your diaper.  It warranted a second bath, an entire clothes change, and some whining (on his part).

After everything was all cleaned up, Levin's spirits were still a little low; he was embarrassed.  I did the only thing I could think of that would make him feel cool again.  I gave him a mohawk.  It did the trick.





In other news.  Levin had a toy dilemma.  He only had about 6 toys (a rubber duck, two teething rings, and a few other things that have no name).  Santa Claus never did find him this year, but Ikea did.  I saw a set of little pots and pans for $7 and thought, "this is a win-win.  Levin can play with these and I don't have to feel guilty I won't give him mine.  And as a bonus: this will help him with his overly sensitive loud-noise-startle-reflex."


Sometimes my brilliance is embarrassing.

Comments

I just love it when you post! I'm telling you, Levin is an old soul. He looks at the camera like he understands exactly what is going on and he is simply humoring you.

I love the ways his toes curl.

You getting him pans so he doesn't play with yours makes me laugh. I think that is pretty darn smart of you. Everybody knows the pots and pan drawer is the favorite toy drawer, but yours would have knocked him out or broke a foot as heavy they are. How funny you got him his own.

Oh boy, I can't wait until he gets a hold of your rubber-maid drawer! It's so neat and organized and he's never going to be able to put it back into the same order you have it. Better think of getting him some of those, too, don't you think? Then you can donate a whole drawer to him.

Thank you for posting. I really appreciate it.
Gwen said…
No need to be embarrassed! You're just a wise first time parent who realized that something like that is all he really needs. Fisher price is sometimes overrated! ;)
Haley Krumblis said…
Oh this cracked me up! He finally started pooping and now it is really coming out! I can't wait until you post videos! Hopefully we get to see him soon!
Michelle said…
Clearly Levin's bowels weren't having a "hard" day. Oh boy, was that too crass to be posting? Haha, oh well. :)
Ande said…
I love his mohawk. What a bad ass. He needs a tatoo and mohawk at the same time. I love when you post.