66 Degrees

Last night when I went to bed, it was 66 degrees in the house.  This morning it was still 66 degrees.  Not special unless you know that I turned the heat off permanently yesterday and this is Seattle where it could be in the 50's and raining until June.  I guess what I'm trying to say is I think it's Spring in Seattle.

Which calls for one thing only:



A spring mantle.




Turns out it's really hard to take pictures of a mirror.

I decided to have it say "please grow" because for the first time in my life, I own a real orchid (50 bonus points or 10 free guys if you can find the real orchid on the mantle).  I've never seen anyone keep an orchid alive for longer than a few months.  I take that back, I've seen ones "alive," but mostly they are just a stick and a single large leaf in a pot.  So basically, they're not alive.  Tomorrow I'll share how I made it stop raining in Seattle this past week.  I'll give you a hint... two years ago Ray single handedly started the Seattle dry-season when he bought a rain barrel off Craigslist.

Comments

Oh, Cali, that is darling. It looks fresh. It looks crisp. It looks like you.

I see the orchid. You can give my free men to someone who needs them to get to the next level (you are talking Mario brothers, right?). It always took Ty to get me past that dragon anyway.

I will definitely bring my sweater when we come in May, unless Ray wants to loan me that black jacket again.